Can scale speed be displayed? Should be calculated based on track length and laptime.
#1From @smartrace09.02.2017, 18:51Owner
Could you please explain a bit more in detail what you exactly mean? Thanks :-)
#2From @drewbert3409.02.2017, 19:03
Selectible scale speed mph, or kph for accross the pond ;)
Calculated based of distance travelled and elapsed time.
#3From @smartrace26.02.2017, 19:54Owner
ok, I see. Could you provide me with some data:
(1) length of your current track in centimeters
(2) usual laptimes on this track
(3) which car scale you're using
(4) if you're riding with magnets or without
Thanks a lot in advance!
#4From @drewbert3427.02.2017, 16:52
1. I do not know my track length. I will need to build it in software to get measurement.
2. 6.80's to mid 7's depending on car type
4. Using magnets. Some cars shimmed (flipped) some not.
I will try to get measurement and report back.
#5From @smartrace27.02.2017, 21:39Owner
I collected some data of some carrera guys from facebook and found that this doesn't make sense. If you don't consider the scale of the car, you'll get average speeds of something between 10 and 30 kilometers per hour. If you do consider the scale, the speeds are something around 280 - 330 km/h. Both decreases the immersion, which I don't find very desirable to be honest.
So, sorry, I won't implement this for now and hope for your understanding.